Saturday, July 26, 2008

Alive and Kickin'




So, by the mere fact that I am writing this blog you may deduce that I have survived my most recent adventures as I traveled through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, and California. It was an amazing trip, and I intend to share some highlights with you all in the future. It may be a little while yet before I do as I am turning around and heading back out on Monday. I volunteer as a scoutmaster with the Boy Scouts and will be on a high adventure trip next week at Bass Lake and Yosemite. I'll be home next weekend and then gone another week at scout camp. It is at this point that I will have a little more time to write of the beauty of America and the craziness of life on the road.
In the meantime, I would like to thank all of you who offered concern and caution after my last blog--I read your comments and paid attention to what you had to say. . . for the most part. . . during the course of my journey. In the meantime, here are a few pictures from the trip.
Check in in a couple of weeks for the details on the adventures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awaiting the details!

Amanda said...

beautiful pictures as always!!

Gina said...

Brett, It's your favorite former neighbor Gina. When I looked at your blog, I thought I was looking at my family's blog. I'm pretty sure it starts with the same picture of the Grand Prismatic Spring (cue fanfare). We were just in Yellowstone. Too bad it wasn't at the same time.

Hope all your adventures are magnificent.

And...holy cow..are you survivor man? Your post about the cougar had Chris and I on pins and needles.

Jennette said...

Your trips sound awesome! Let us know the details. And hopefully you don't jinx yourself and run into some bears (or chupacabras) with more camping.I myself am doing fine and was uninjured during an assault with a bag of Museli in a Bergen grocery store. Have fun!