Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Pendulum Swings

Over half a lifetime ago, when I was in middle school, I was one of those kids that was closed minded to music. I listened to 106.7 FM--KROQ, and I thought that anybody who listened to anything other than music from this station was lame. One had to be "cool" and KROQ played the cool music of the day. I have since grown up, and while I still like the "old" music, my tastes overall have changed and I am more suited to independent and original music. I rarely listen to the radio these days simply because I do not care for commercials or commercial music. I really don't care for the idea of businessmen deciding for the masses which bands deserve airtime and which are neglected. I simply like good music, wherever I can find it. And so the pendulum swings, and I am the opposite of what I once was, now being open to all types of music and not really caring about "cool" but caring about what I actually like in spite of what is popular.
Needless to say, I will, on occasion, post a video of some music that I have come across that I don't believe one will find much on American airwaves, but is nevertheless great music. In this way we may all be exposed to different and interesting musicians. So, this evening's feature is from a Swedish band called Club 8. The title of the song is "Jesus, Walk With Me" and it is from their most recent album. This video is a live version filmed at a church in Sweden. I have purchased the entire album, and while there are many great songs, this happens to be one of my favorite--it is simply so soothing and beautiful, and I find the message to be quite intriguing--one's desire for faith. I hope that you enjoy it (and if not, just turn on your radio and let corporate convince you what music is worthy of your time)!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

What a beautiful song! I've really been missing you and all the great music I've heard while driving in your car. We'll have to swap some iTunes playlists or something to hold me over till the next car ride.

Liz the Poet said...

This was amazing! Love the acoustics of the church.

I'm glad you'll be introducing us to new music. I'm always on the look out for something different.

I, currently, am going through an Asian phase, so I'm listening to a lot of that kind of music.

Donna_Regina said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment in my post about The Radio Dept.
I love scandinavian bands....!! Club 8 were playing in Barcelona two weeks ago!! Great band too!