Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Crater Lake






From the coast I headed back inland in order to experience the pristine beauty of Crater Lake. I had often heard from my brother-in-law of when he was a boy and his father took him to crater lake, and he stared down the steep slopes into the distant water. It is truly amazing to be standing atop this old volcano that has filled with water. I ended up taking two hikes here--the first, a short hike down the slopes to the lake shore. The second to the top of the tallest peak within the National Park to get an overview of the lake. Words cannot do the scene justice, but perhaps these photos will help. . .

1 comment:

Ana said...

the scenery is just amazing!
My favourites...cant decide between the 2nd and the 3rd one!
I hope there will be some other photos to come...i've been enjoying them so far...and yeah, you are right...words cant really do the scene justice, but photos can to some extent...though i guess the most perfect way would be to be on the actual place :) Well...maybe, one day, ill get lucky ;-)