Monday, August 17, 2009

Favorite 2009 Album Releases

2009 is a good year for artists that I like coming out with albums--there is a lot of new music that I enjoy (or will soon be enjoying--some albums will be released in the next few months). Needless to say, here is a sampling of the bands that are releasing new albums in 2009 (I've featured both a-ha and Kings of Convenience before, so I've included different songs on this list--scroll back a few posts to listen to my favorite songs off of their new albums):

Regina Specktor's "Eet" from the new album "Far":


Røyksopp's "You Don't Have a Clue" from the new album "Junior":


Imogen Heap's "First Train Home" from the new album "Ellipse":


A-ha's "The Bandstand" from the new album "Foot of the Mountain":


Kings of Convenience's "Boat Behind" from the new album "Declaration of Dependence":


Ingrid Michaelson's "Maybe" from the new album "Everybody":


The Whitest Boy Alive's "Courage" from the new album "Rules":


Peter, Bjorn, and John's "Nothing to Worry About" from the new album "Living Thing":


The Radio Dept.'s "David" from the new album "Clinging to a Scheme":


The Decemberists' "The Hazards of Love, Part 1" from the new album "The Hazards of Love":


Fever Ray's "Triangle Walks" from the new album "Fever"


*Furthermore, there is a new band called "Bad Lieutenant" coming out with an album in October that I am really excited about--I can't find any of their music as of yet so I am not sure if it is any good, but the band is made up of New Order/Joy Division's Bernard Sumner and Stephen Morris, Blur's Alex James, Phil Cunningham, and Jake Evans. The album is called "Never Cry Another Tear". New Order is one of my all-time favorite bands and Blur is a great band as well, so I am super excited to find out what kind of sound they are going to produce. 2009--ah, what a great year for new albums!!!

No comments: