Sunday, December 14, 2008

Is This Really What It Means To Be Getting Older?

As a child, I recall having had fanciful and adventurous dreams when sleeping. The colors, actions, smells, events, and etc., were all so vivid, so real, and so unordinary. I suppose that it corresponded with childlike imagination. So imagine my surprise and disappointment when the other day I awoke from a dream that certainly had adventure, but was lacking. . .
In my dream I was watching the Portland Trailblazers play the Seattle Supersonics when a fight broke out between the two teams. Not an ordinary fight, by any means, this one cleared the benches, involved fans, and lasted exactly 59 minutes. How do I know this? Because in my dream I saw it all. . . as reported on the news. . .
How sad is that? Is this a sign that I am getting old? No longer do I have adventures in my dreams (if I were young I would have been at the game and involved in the fight). . . instead, I dream about watching the news and experiencing adventures through the media. . . How pathetic!

I demand a new psyche!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Man, you are old! Dreaming about watching TV? And not just TV, but the news!?! I just say I don't dream--maybe you should try that.

Haha--No, I'm kidding. I don't usualy remember my dreams, but I think it's because they are about random daily activities that I'd forget even if they were real. Things like, oh I don't know...like watching the news. ;-)

Lets go play somewhere out of your house and away from your TV!

Rebecca said...

You know, I read a very interesting artical (sorry, citation not available) that men rarely have colorful lively dreams. they are more down to earth, and normal, if they are remembered at all. Just be glad you're one of the few who remembers. Ü

Mr. Hall said...

Heather, we do need to meet up and get out. . . soon!

Ben & Rebecca, thanks for letting me know that I am not going crazy or getting really old--I appreciate the scientific support of my down-to-earth and normal dreams! :)