Friday, May 9, 2008

Countdown to Syttende Mai--Röyksopp

I'd love to write a lot about Röyksopp, but it is Friday and I don't have much time between completing work and heading out for the night, so I will let the music speak for itself. Needless to say, Röyksopp is a Norwegian band from Tromsø (located on the northern coast of Norway). Do a google search for more info. In the meantime enjoy such songs as "Poor Leno":

"Eple":

"What Else Is There?":

And "Remind Me":

I hope that you have enjoyed these cool electro-chill songs. I'll be "chilling" to them on my drive out to L.A.

1 comment:

Ana said...

Royksopp are simply fabulous and maybe "Remind Me" is like on the list of my all time favourite videos, but "What Else is There" is definitely one of my ultimately favourite Royksopp songs and it got me hooked on first hearing...once i got into the lyrics and in a deeper involvement with the song, it became one of my all time favourites.
Apart from the lyrics, which i love, I think that the voice of Karin Dreijer fits perfectly in the song and the performance...the colour of her voice, and her accent, just make the song as great as it is...and i especially love the "if i am the storm, if i am the wonder, will i have flashlights, nightmares and sudden explosions" and how the song does feel like exploding afterwards :).
The video itself also contributes a lot to feeling the song and probably the appearance of Marianne...there is something special indeed in the fact that she is blond and feels fragile compared to the gloomy stormy violent background...I like that contrast.

enjoy the weekend....well, whats left of it :)